The Bible uses many pictures to describe Christians as a community: a household (Eph 2:19), a human body (1 Cor 12:12-31) and a temple made up of “living stones” (1 Peter 2:4-5, Eph 2:21). All of these illustrate and mandate our interconnectedness and our need for each other. This is why we ask members to sign this commitment. These are requirements to become a member of Vineyard church, not to become a Christian.
Our covenant with God and our commitment to one another create our culture and our community. Membership is an outward and formalized sign of the commitment of an individual’s heart. As members, we join together for God’s glory and our mutual benefit. God calls people to specific places so they can grow and fulfill God’s purpose for their lives. We also believe in keeping a big front door and big back door, knowing that it is God who moves His people to build His Kingdom in the way He sees fit. Our ultimate goal is not to keep people, but to bless each person to be in the place that the Lord has called them to. We hope that you will affirm your commitment to the mission and vision that God has placed on this community by the outward sign of membership!
Carefully pray and read about membership commitment.
If you want to be a member you must:
1. Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ (born again)- ACTS 2:41a
2. Be baptized in water following salvation- ACTS 2:41b
3. Have attended one of our New Member's Classes
4. Sign that you are in agreement with our “Member Commitment Statement”, our “Statement of Core Values”, and our “What We Believe Statement”. (These forms are included in our Membership Packet so that you can read them prior to submitting your Membership Application. You will also keep the forms for your own records.)
5. Complete a “Membership Application” with a picture of yourself and/or your family.